- Young, L., Motz, V., Markey, E., Young, S., & Beaschler, R. (2017). Recommendations for Best Disinfectant Practices to Reduce the Spread of Infection via Wrestling Mats. Journal of Athletic Training, 52(2), 82–88. https://doi.org/10.4085/1062-6050-52.1.02
- Young, L., Motz, V., Markey, E., Young, S., & Beasc
- Recommendations for Best Disinfectant Practices to Reduce the Spread of Infection via Wrestling Mats
- Journal of Athletic Training
This article is recommendations for the best ways to prevent wrestling infections on the mat. Also, it’s about they need to check and examine the wrestlers before they start a wrestling dual or a wrestling tournament with the school or wrestling club practice. Even preventing skin diseases in wrestling will radically reduce other wrestlers from getting skin diseases.
2. Anderson, B. (2012). Effectiveness of Body Wipes as an Adjunct to Reducing Skin Infections in High School Wrestlers. Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine, 22(5), 424–429. https://doi.org/10.1097/JSM.0b013e3182592439
- Anderson, B.
- Effectiveness of Body Wipes as an Adjunct to Reducing Skin Infections in High School Wrestlers
- Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine
This article is about how effective body wipes can be to high school wrestlers to reduce skin infections before wrestling and after wrestling. Most wrestling diseases are from leg to leg contact or arm to arm contact and body wipes can help solve this problem. Also, it’s about a test they did with multiple wrestlers and how baby wipes helped them prevent skin disease.
3. Mallmann, W. L. (1924). HYGIENE OF WRESTLING MATS. American Journal of Public Health, 14(7), 569-570.
- Mallmann, W. L
- HYGIENE OF WRESTLING MATS
- American Journal of Public Health
This article is how to make sure the wrestling mats are taken care for so that you can prevent skin diseases while wrestling. Also, this article is that you need to maintain the mats like for example you need to wash it down after every single wrestling practice or wrestling match because you may not know what skin conditions people may have. Getting the mat cleaned after wrestling matches and practice will reduce the ability to get skin diseases.
4. Silverman, R. A. (2000). Office-based treatment of pediatric skin disease. Pediatric Clinics of North America, 47(4), 859-865.
- Silverman, R. A.
- Office-based treatment of pediatric skin disease
- Pediatric Clinics of North America
This article is how to treat pediatric skin disease from wrestling practice or from wrestling matches. Also, the article is that skin diseases are treatable from wrestling you just need to go and see you dermatologist to get medicine for the skin disease. Even the skin disease is way into the tissue of your skin so its hard to get treated especially if you’ve been wrestling like every single day.
5. Skin Conditions in Wrestlers. (2011). In Encyclopedia of Sports Medicine.
- Skin Conditions in Wrestlers
- Encyclopedia of Sports Medicine
This article is about different skin infections you may have from wrestling every single day. Also, this article talks about the different skin diseases and the side effects of having these types of skin diseases from wrestling. Even its about how to stay safe from these different types of skin diseases that you may come across on day when wrestling. Lastly, not every single wrestler will get skin diseases from wrestling; but you just need to learn to take care of your skin and take a shower after wrestling.