1. Coats wasn’t fired because he was using a legal drug, marijuana, for a legitimate purpose for which he had a prescription. He was fired for violating workplace policy.
Coats’ legitimate use of his prescribed drugs got him fired for violating the workplace policy.
2. An employer isn’t able to fire a person who has anxiety because they are taking the correct medication to deal with the issue.
It is unreasonable for an employer to fire a person with anxiety when they were only taking the prescribed medication for it.
3. Employees don’t get fired for going out and having a few beers after work because alcohol is legal, but in Colorado so is marijuana.
Since alcohol and marijuana are legalized in Colorado, employees have the right to keep their jobs.
4. Coats shouldn’t have been fired because he was trying to treat the pain he endured on a daily basis.
There was no reason to fire Coats when he was only trying to treat his ongoing pain.
5. It’s not fair to discriminate against him because he was able to ease the pain of his multiple spasms by using marijuana.
The discrimination towards Coats’ use of marijuana was unfair.
6. Coats wasn’t harming anyone at his job because he was smoking marijuana but he was doing so on his own time and not at work.
Despite not smoking marijuana at work, Coats was still using it outside of his job.
7. Omar Gonzalez didn’t penetrate deep into the White House because of the swift actions of Secret Service agents.
The Secret Service agents prevented Omar Gonzalez from getting into the White House.
8. The Secret Service isn’t being compelled to explain its actions because of the way it responded to the breach of the White House, but how the breach occurred is under question.
Despite the questionable breach at the White House, the Secret Service does not explain itself and is not accountable to anyone.
9. Secret Service chief Julia Pierson won’t be fired because of her testimony before Congress yesterday. Her incompetence might cost her her job though.
Secret Service chief Julia Pierson’s testimony will not get her fired, but her incompetence might.
10. Secret Service agents didn’t use deadly force against the intruder because he was carrying a knife with a 4-inch blade.
Since the intruder possessed a 4-inch knife, Secret Service agents did not use deadly force against him.