Cards on the table.
Cynicism is the thin veil that
protects a sentimentalist from caring too much.
I say what I believe as if it were true. My cards are face up on the table. If you ask me why I believe it, my reasonable response is that so far I’m winning the argument. Show your cards.
Sarcasm is vulnerability expressed as humor.
The Rhetoric Unit
- Rhetoric Examples from the #neveragain movement
- Rhetoric Workshop
- Includes In-Class Rhetoric Exercise
- Located in Lectures/Revision/Revision—Rhetoric
- Revision—Rhetoric and Scholarship
- Use Reply on one of your posts to identify a paragraph we will use for Rhetoric workshop.
- Due in class today