1. Coats was fired for violating workplace policy, not because he was using a legal drug, marijuana, for a legitimate purpose for which he had a prescription.
2. An employer is unable to fire a person for taking the correct medication to deal with the issue.
3. Employees can not get fired for going out and having a few beers after work because alcohol is legal, but in Colorado so is marijuana.
4. Coats was trying to treat the pain he endured on a daily basis so he shouldn’t have fired.
5. He was able to ease the pain of his multiple spasms by using marijuana, so it is not fair to discriminate against him.
6. Coats was smoking marijuana on his own time and not at work, so he wasn’t harming anyone at his job.
7. Thanks to the swift actions of Secret Service agents, Omar Gonzalez didn’t penetrate deep into the White House.
8. Thanks to the was the Secrete Service responded to the breach of the White House they are not compelled to explain, but how the breach occurred is under question.
9. Secret Service chief Julia Pierson’s incompetence might cost her her job, but it won’t be fired because of her testimony before Congress yesterday.
10. Omar Gonzalez was carrying a knife with a 4-inch blade so Secret Service agents didn’t use deadly force.