Coats wasn’t fired because he was using a legal drug, marijuana, for a legitimate purpose for which he had a prescription. He was fired for violating workplace policy.
Coach was prescribed marijuana but violated his workplace policy so he was fired.
2. An employer isn’t able to fire a person who has anxiety because they are taking the correct medication to deal with the issue.
An employer is unable to fire a person who is diagnosed with anxiety or taking their correct medication to deal with the issue.
3. Employees don’t get fired for going out and having a few beers after work because alcohol is legal, but in Colorado so is marijuana.
Employees would not get fired for going out and having a few beers since drinking is legal but in Colorado so is marijuana.
4. Coats shouldn’t have been fired because he was trying to treat the pain he endured on a daily basis.
Coats was trying to fix his daily pain with his treatment and shouldn’t have been fired for that.
5. It’s not fair to discriminate against him because he was able to ease the pain of his multiple spasms by using marijuana.
The employer discriminated against him because he was using marijuana.
6. Coats wasn’t harming anyone at his job because he was smoking marijuana but he was doing so on his own time and not at work.
Coats was not smoking on the job but instead only on his own time
BACKGROUND FOR 7-10: The director of the Secret Service ordered an internal review of its security procedures around the White House after a man armed with a knife who jumped the fence at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue on Friday night managed to make his way through the front door of President Obama’s home before being stopped, officials said Saturday.
7. Omar Gonzalez didn’t penetrate deep into the White House because of the swift actions of Secret Service agents.
The secret service has stopped Omar Gonzalez before he penetrated deeply into the White House.
8. The Secret Service isn’t being compelled to explain its actions because of the way it responded to the breach of the White House, but how the breach occurred is under question.
The White House did question the actions taken by the Secret Service when they responded to the bridge but how the breach occurred is still under question.
9. Secret Service chief Julia Pierson won’t be fired because of her testimony before Congress yesterday. Her incompetence might cost her her job though.
Secret Service Chief Julia Pierson most likely will be fired because she is not fit for the job.
10. Secret Service agents didn’t use deadly force against the intruder because he was carrying a knife with a 4-inch blade.
The Secret Service agents didn’t use deadly force Since the Intruder was only carrying a knife.