My hypothesis – mesrurerowan

1.Emotional abuse, which is also known as psychological or verbal abuse, is a very common childhood problem, and usually occurs in the family environment by children’s parents.

2.Making a child feel worthless, unloved, alone or scared is emotional abuse, which is also known as psychological or verbal abuse, and parents unconsciously harm their children by emotionally abusing them.

3.Making a child feel worthless, unloved, alone or scared is emotional abuse, and when parents unconsciously harm their children by emotionally abusing them, it affects neurological development of  children.

4.Making a child feel worthless, unloved, alone or scared is emotional abuse, and when parents unconsciously harm their children by emotionally abusing them; it affects neurological development of  children, therefore children may display life-long cognitive problems, which usually are noticed by day-care centers and schools.

5.Making a child feel worthless, unloved, alone or scared is emotional abuse; when parents unconsciously harm their children by emotionally abusing them, especially in early years of life, it affects neurological development of  children. Therefore, children may display life-long cognitive problems, which usually are noticed by day-care centers, schools and health workers.

6.Making a child feel worthless, unloved, alone or scared is emotional abuse; when parents unconsciously harm their children by emotionally abusing them, especially in early years of life, it affects neurological development of  children. Therefore, children may display life-long cognitive problems, which usually are noticed by day-care centers, schools and health workers.

At the website, NPR Recordings, we can scroll to a page that contains the collected audio work of George Orwell, called “George Orwell Omnibus.”

This entry was posted in mesrurerowan, My Hypothesis. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to My hypothesis – mesrurerowan

1. davidbdale says:

Beautiful start, Mesrure. I acknowledge and appreciate your commitment to a crucial social condition.
    Now.
    Make your Step 6 your new Step 1 and start again.
    We will all grant you the premise that emotional abuse harms youth.
    1. Emotional abuse by parents of their children harms both parties.

Start there.
    What are the results of such abuse?
    Is the cycle unbreakable?
    If it can be broken, what is the mechanism?

And other questions worthy of your research.

Respond please or risk me ignoring you in the future. 🙂

2. mesrurerowan says:

Hi Professor,
    Thanks for your feedback. Do you want me to restart changing the entire hypothesis and answer the questions in the comment? I scheduled a teleconference to discuss my hypotesis because I’m a little bit confused. My intention is to focus on how it effects children but would you like me to mention about parents’ side as well?

• davidbdale says:

My point here, Mesrure, is that you haven’t narrowed your focus enough yet to cover your hypothesis in 3000 words. The topic is still much too broad. If the claim you make in 6 were the one you started with as your 1, you could certainly narrow it enough in five steps to have a nicely-focused demonstrable hypothesis by step 6. We can talk more about this during your conference. Right now your hypothesis is: emotional abuse damages children, and that’s just too broad.

3. davidbdale says:

I love the focus on neurological damage, Mesrure. It sounds researchable, and if true would be a devastating situation. It does appear, though, that you’re working on two different hypotheses.
    1. Emotional neglect or abuse does serious PSYCHOLOGICAL damage to children by destroying their self-worth.
    2. Emotional neglect or abuse does PHYSICAL damage to children’s brains.
    Both would/could result in lifelong problems for the neglected child. Both might result in symptoms or behavior that caregivers would notice. So the results are similar. But the MECHANISMS are different.

There’s no need to change this post. Just import your Hypothesis into your White Paper and decide: Do I have one complicated hypothesis?, Or should I call these Hypothesis 1 and Hypothesis 2 and see which one the research supports?

• aquarela says:

Thanks for the feedback professor. According to my hypotheses, psychological damage caused by emotional neglect leads to neurological damage in children’s brain.

• davidbdale says:

I think that’s a tough one to prove, aquarela, but I’ll be interested to see your approach. Help me understand how neurological damage can occur from psychological trauma. My understanding (admittedly very thin) of neurology is that it’s a study of physical damage. Does this explanation make sense to you?:

The specific causes of neurological problems vary, but can include genetic disorders, congenital abnormalities or disorders, infections, lifestyle or environmental health problems including malnutrition, and brain injury, spinal cord injury, nerve injury and gluten sensitivity (with or without intestinal damage or digestive symptoms).

I remain open to being educated on this issue. It will be a revelation to me if emotional stress can physically injure the brain.