Your Definition Essay Rewrite is due TUE MAR 27. To make sure you have a rewrite showing responsiveness to feedback for your Portfolio, you’ll rewrite your Definition Argument and your Rebuttal Argument. You will not revise your Causal Argument.
- 1000 words THU MAR 08 Definition Argument (or Evaluation Argument)
- Rewrite Definition Argument TUE MAR 27
- 1000 words TUE APR 03 Rebuttal Argument
- Rewrite Rebuttal Argument TUE APR 10
- 1000 words THU APR 12 Causal Argument
- 3000 words THU APR 19 Research Position Paper
As discussed in class, please use hybrid citations for your Works Cited. Use MLA format for the publication and date details, and link your spelled-out title to the article itself. Check the links yourself to be sure they lead back to a page we can all access (even if it’s the page in the databases that “launches” the actual document).
I’ve posted a Sample Works Cited and linked it to the Resources category and the A08: Definition Essay category in the sidebar.
- Be sure to respond to your instructor’s feedback. Style changes and grammar corrections are fine, but you’ll need to make substantial changes to your essay as well to improve your grade.
- “No change” rewrites might even be graded lower than the original.
- Include a “hybrid” Works Cited.
- Title your post Definition Rewrite—Author Name.
- Publish your definition essay in the A11: Definition Essay Rewrite category.
- DUE TUE MAR 27 before class.
- Customary late penalties. (0-24 hours 10%) (24-48 hours 20%) (48+ hours, 0 grade)
- Shorter Arguments grade category (20%)