Create an Official Title
Although it will never be part of your Portfolio and can be considered a warmup or minor essay assignment, you’ll begin the essential process of revising all your work by posting an improved version of your Stone Money essay as a new post, in a new category, A04: Stone Money Rewrite.
If you did not receive feedback for your first draft, study the Lecture pages on Revision as the basis for your round of substantial revisions. Note as you’re reading these lecture pages that the revisions are far more thorough than simple copy-editing to eliminate bad grammar and punctuation.
To be clear, when you finish posting your rewrite, you’ll have two different posts, A01: Stone Money, and A04: Stone Money Rewrite.
Only the Rewrite will earn a permanent grade, and neither will be part of your end-of-semester Portfolio. But the Rewrite will factor into your semester grade as a Non-Portfolio Essay
You’ll need to cite at least two sources for this Rewrite, which don’t have to be, but which can be different from those you selected for your first draft, A01.
- Post this mandatory Rewrite of your first short argument.
- Give your essay an actual title (The title of this post is: “Create an Official Title”).
- Make significant revisions to your A01, and publish them in a new post, Stone Money Rewrite—Username.
- Include Works Cited.
- Publish your definition essay in the A04: Stone Money Rewrite category and your own Username category.
- Due just before midnight (11:59 pm) SUN OCT 01.
- Customary late penalties. (0-24 hours 10%) (24-48 hours 20%) (48+ hours, 0 grade)
- Non-Portfolio Essay